dinsdag 17 augustus 2010

Movie: Memoirs of a Geisha


















Oh this story is so touching and sad, I really pity that young girl Chiyo, who is sold into slavery by her family. She then turned into a geisha (a woman entertaining men with their talents like singing, make music, dancing, "we are not wives, we sell our skills and not our bodies"). From all the movies I have seen this month, this one is the most touching one, maybe because of the Chinese actresses, it's a first American movie about Oriental things, so that must make me feel it's special.

What I think is funny is they actually use Chinese actresses to act in this movie about Japanese geishas.
Also I think it's a mistake that Gong Li has not aged at all, she should be, because when Chiyo was a child she also looked the same... Their English is decent, not really good, they for example pronounced a child as "chilled". Oh and the little child acted as the young girl Chiyo does look like Zhang Zi Yi, so it's easy to see it's her grown up. Zhang Zi Yi, Gong Li and Michelle Yeoh all look beautiful, even without make-up they look good! I don't like all that make-up: white face, red lips and wigs. Without make-up they look more human, natural, which I prefer.

Mameha is such a nice woman, she is really beautiful and to me she looks a little like Maggie Cheung Ho Yee (張可頤). She is nice to Chiyo and teached her how to become a real geisha. Hatsumomo is such a mean evil bitch. I really hate her, she deserves punishment. I love the ending where Chiyo finds her real love, someone she loves years ago. The whole story is so sad.

Everyone should see this, especially asian people.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten